Below are some guidelines and rules for the End-Of-Year History Exam (Humanities). These guidelines are meant for those who did not turn up for Miss Tay's revision lesson earlier today.
Exam Guidelines :
- For all questions starting with 'Why did......', do remember to use the 3 As format (Author, Audience, Anticipated Outcome) to solve the question. The format for other questions depends on the source given, and the type of question.
- Remember to write 1 PEEL per paragraph!
- Do not forget to cite your evidence from the source, if it is a text source. Don't lift from the source!
- When writing your answers, do not use the word 'not'. Using that word will result in the deduction of marks under most circumstances.
- Do remember to look at the source of the given 'source' (e.g. A cartoon, drawn by XXX......) during the History examinations! It might help greatly in some questions!
Exam Formats :
1. PEEL - Point, Evidence, Explanation, Link
2. AAA (or 3 a's) - Audience, Action, Anticipated Outcome
'Template' for answering 3As Q's :
1st A : Audience
Who are the parties involved in the source?
2nd A :
The action - What issue is it regarding? ( E.g. Persuade, propagate etc.)
Cite your evidence from the source
3rd A : Anticipated Outcome
- Results in a change of people's mindset
- Impact on the audience, and also the action taken by the audience. (What does the author finally wants to achieve?)
See To Yu Xiang (20)